Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Noodler's Polar Blue Part II


I've gotten much use out of Noodler's Polar Blue in the past few months, but the review that I did a while ago was lacking the more rigorous of the ink evaluations that are sometimes needed. Well, I figured I would do this full review of the qualities of the ink for those of you who are looking for a nice blue to use. I'm continually on the search for blue inks and I don't often find myself bored by them, which led me to purchase Noodler's Baystate Blue, which has blown my mind in every way. That's a post for another time though.  I bought the 4.5 ounce bottle online and it came with a free fountain pen (a modified Platinum Preppy .3)

"Noodler's Polar Blue is pretty standard in color, but can seem washed out at times. It almost seems to be chalky, especially when compared to other blues, specifically Baystate Blue.  After months of usage, I have not found this ink to feather, even on cheaper paper.  the included fountain pen has gotten a lot of usage and has performed like a champ.  The 'bulletproof' qualities of this ink are true after a bleach test. I have not tried this ink in any other pens because of the warning that it might stain pens (which others can attest is true).  If I remember correctly, this ink has often been compared to luxury blue in the Noodler's line, but I don't own it and can't make the comparison. I highly recommend this ink." 

I've taken many many pages of notes with this ink.

2 comments:

  1. I like the subdued color of this ink. I have a sample but I haven't gotten around testing it. It might end up being my go-to blue ink.

    I'm reluctant to try Bay State Blue after hearing so many stories about it staining pens and everything it comes in contact with. However, I really hope this is not the case with Polar Blue. That would be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the nice things about Polar Blue is that it comes off of pretty much everything, but it helps if you have some bleach and/or ammonia. A little bit goes a long way and should take it off.

    ReplyDelete